Each year, the School of Art receives more than 100 applications for the MFA program. Applications are reviewed by a committee of faculty members for their content and quality. Approximately 5-6 graduate students are accepted each year.
Our Graduate Application Process Has Changed
All application materials will now be submitted online. Application materials sent by mail will not be considered. The online application cycle opens October 13, 2013.
- Submit your UW Graduate School Application
- Within 48 hours of submitting your UW Graduate School Application, you will then be able to submit your supplemental information directly to the School of Art at the URL provided in the UW Graduate School Application website.
- Supplemental information includes: current CV/resume; statement of purpose; and twenty (20) jpeg images of your work. You will also find a text entry field where you can list previous coursework applicable to your degree selection and include a personal website URL if desired.
- After uploading your supplemental information, you will be directed to a secure PayFlow/PayPal site to submit the supplemental application fee of $25. After the fee has been submitted you will be presented with a confirmation page and a link to return to the School of Art Supplemental Application site.
- Detailed instructions for the School of Art Supplemental Graduate Application site are available.
The deadline for all applicants (U.S Citizen, Permanent Resident or International) to submit both online applications and all required application materials is February 1. Late applications will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
After You Apply
Applicants can track whether application materials have been received by logging back in to their UW Graduate School Application. Faculty typically make admissions decisions in late March and early April. You will be notified of our decision via e-mail. All admitted candidates must notify the School of Art of their decision to accept or decline our offer in writing by May 1.