The 3D4M program offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree with concentration in one of three tracks of study in Ceramics, Glass, or Sculpture.
To graduate with undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, students must successfully complete at least 180 course credits: a combination of major requirements (listed below), general education requirements, and electives.
Admission to the major is based on completion of prerequisite courses and GPA.
3D4M Major Requirements (75 Credits)
Please note: this curriculum is subject to approval and will become effective for students entering the major in Autumn 2017. Current students should refer to their Degree Audit (DARS) for current major requirements.
INTRODUCTORY CERAMICS, GLASS, SCULPTURE (15 CREDITS)
- ART 233 Introduction to Glass repeatable up to 10 credits
- ART 253 Introduction to Ceramics repeatable up to 10 credits
- ART 272 Introduction to Sculpture
- ART 273 Sculpture, Wood & Metal
INTERMEDIATE CERAMICS, GLASS, SCULPTURE (20 CREDITS)
- ART 353 Intermediate 3D4M repeatable up to 15 credits
- ART 333 New Materials In Glass repeatable up to 15 credits
- ART 332 Intermediate Sculpture repeatable up to 15 credits
ADVANCED CERAMICS, GLASS, SCULPTURE (10 CREDITS)
- ART 453 3D4M Senior Studio repeatable
STUDIO ELECTIVES (15 CREDITS)
- Explore ART courses
ART HISTORY CLASSES (15 CREDITS)
- Explore ART HISTORY courses