Admission to the BA in Art requires a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Current UW Students / Freshmen
- After completing any 5 credit 100- or 200-level studio art class at UW with a 2.5 or higher grade, meet with an Adviser to discuss the BA in Art degree requirements and declare the major
- Students are strongly encouraged to declare their major early in their academic career; University policy requires that students declare a major by the time they have accumulated 105 credits
Prospective Transfer Students
- After admittance to the UW and on your registration date, meet with an Adviser to discuss the BA in Art degree requirements; if you completed at least 5 credits of studio art prior to transferring, you are eligible to declare the major
- If you are participating in an Advising & Orientation (A&O) session, you will have the option to meet with an Art Adviser on your orientation day
- A maximum of 15 transfer credits of studio art classes may be applied towards the ART credits required for the BA in Art
- Students transferring with 90 or more credits should be prepared to declare the major during the first quarter of attendance at UW
The BA in Art does not accept postbaccalaureate applicants.
We invite you to attend a Preview session for advising and information about the programs, enrichments, and opportunities for majors in School of Art + Art History + Design.