The Photomedia program offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree, with an option to pursue Honors in Art.
To graduate with undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, students must successfully complete at least 180 course credits: a combination of major requirements (listed below), general education requirements, and electives.
Photomedia Major Requirements (75 Credits)
Please note: this curriculum is subject to approval. Current students should refer to their Degree Audit (DARS) for current major requirements.
INTRODUCTORY COURSES (5 CREDITS)
- ART 140 Basic Photography
INTERMEDIATE COURSES (15 CREDITS)
- ART 240 Intermediate Photomedia I
- ART 241 Intermediate Photomedia II
- ART 242 Intermediate Photomedia III
ADVANCED COURSES (30 CREDITS)
- ART 340 Advanced Photomedia repeatable to 15 cr
- ART 440 Senior Thesis in Photomedia repeatable to 15 cr
STUDIO ELECTIVES (10 CREDITS)
- Studio art or related courses
ART HISTORY COURSES (15 CREDITS)
- View current Art History courses
- Contact Advising for a list of faculty-suggested Art History courses