Admission to the BA in Art History requires a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Current UW Students/Freshmen
- Meet with an Adviser to declare the major and discuss the Art History degree requirements
- Students are strongly encouraged to declare their major early in their academic career; University policy requires that students declare a major by the time they have accumulated 105 credits or five quarters, whichever comes last.
Prospective Transfer Students
- After admittance to the UW and on your registration date, meet with an Adviser to declare the major and discuss the Art History degree requirements
- If you are participating in an Advising & Orientation (A&O) session, you will have the option to meet with an Art History Adviser on your orientation day
- Students transferring with 90 or more credits should be prepared to declare the major during the first quarter of attendance at UW
Honors in Art History
Art History offers students the option of a degree with distinction. See Honors in Art History for more information.
We invite you to attend a Preview session for advising and information about the programs, enrichments, and opportunities for majors in School of Art + Art History + Design.