Online Exhibition (launching August 21): strange-coupling.com
Online Reception: Friday, August 21, 5pm | Zoom link
Strange Coupling has been a student-run tradition in the School's Division of Art since 2002. It brings together the UW and the greater Seattle art community by pairing students with professional artists for a collaborative art project of their choice. Strange Coupling creates opportunities for mentorship, allows space for experimentation, and challenges participants to work with a creative partner whose practice differs from their own. This year, Strange Coupling decided to spice things up with a theme for the exhibition: Memory. Each of the works produced by this year’s couplings speak to memory — as a place or an experience, fragmented or weighty, out of touch or within reach.
In response to the pandemic and state/national measures to keep the community safe, the Strange Coupling team also decided to coordinate the first-ever online Strange Coupling exhibition this year.
- Elisheba Johnson
- Kemi Adeyemi
- Elizabeth Calvillo (Photo/Media + International Studies, BA 2020)
- Ren Nguyen (3D4M + Comparative History of Ideas, BA 2020)
- Raziah Ahmad (Visual Communication Design, BDes 2020)
- Joe Rudko + Daniel Neifert (BDes 2020)
- Juan F. Ricardo (MA 2020) + Greta Enloe (Senior, Art + Norwegian)
- Marisa Williamson + Vivian Mak (Senior, Interdisciplinary Arts, Bothell) + Andrew Ryan (Junior, Pre Arts)
- Zhaohan Wang (Senior, Art + Gender, Women & Sexuality Studies)
- Gustavo Martinez (MFA 2011) + Jovita Mercado (Senior, Art)