Risa joined the School of Art + Art History + Design as Administrator in 2014. Prior work with the University of Washington includes service as the administrator for the Dance Program, manager for the UW Summer Arts Festival, and management of the arts portfolio for UW Educational Outreach. Additional work for non-profit arts organizations include the roles of Managing Director for the Group Theatre, Executive Director of Pratt Fine Arts Center, and Special Events Coordinator for the Northwest AIDS Foundation. Prior to earning her MBA in non-profit management, Risa spent many years dancing and performing musical theatre throughout the Midwest. She is also a graduate of Leadership Tomorrow in Seattle.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Management and oversight of all School budgetary and fiscal issues
- Administrative oversight of School policies and procedures
- Grant and contract proposal support for faculty research
- Human resource policy oversight for staff
- School facility management and oversight
- Member of the School Health and Safety Committee and Leadership Council