Admission to the BA in Art requires a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Current UW Students / Freshmen
- After completing ART 233 Introduction to Glass, ART 253 Introduction to Ceramics, ART 272 Introduction to Sculpture, or ART 273 Sculpture, Wood & Metal at UW with a 2.5 or higher grade, meet with an Adviser to discuss the 3D4M degree requirements and declare the major
- Students are strongly encouraged to declare their major early in their academic career; University policy requires that students declare a major by the time they have accumulated 105 credits
Prospective Transfer Students
- After admittance to the UW and on your registration date, meet with an Adviser to discuss the 3D4M degree requirements and declare the major
- If you are participating in an Advising & Orientation (A&O) session, you will have the option to meet with an Art Adviser on your orientation day; if you completed at least 5 credits of a college level studio class in ceramics, glass or sculpture you are eligible to declare the major
- Students without a prior college level 3-dimensional studio class are required to take ART 233 Introduction to Glass, ART 253 Introduction to Ceramics, ART 272 Introduction to Sculpture, or ART 273 Sculpture, Wood & Metal at UW and receive a 2.5 or higher before declaring the major
- Students who transfer with more than 15 credits of college level ceramics, glass or sculpture classes may wish to present a portfolio for advanced placement in the program - please consult with an Art Adviser during your initial A&O appointment
- A maximum of 15 transfer credits of studio art classes may be applied towards the ART credits required for the BA in Art
- Students transferring with 90 or more credits should be prepared to declare the major during the first quarter of attendance at UW
We invite you to attend a Preview session for advising and information about the programs, enrichments, and opportunities for majors in School of Art + Art History + Design.