Admission to the BA in Art requires a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Current UW Students / Freshmen
- After completing ART 272 followed by two from ART 201, 202, 232, 233 or 273, meet with an Adviser to discuss the 3D4M degree requirements and declare the major.
- Students are strongly encouraged to declare their major early in their academic career; University policy requires that students declare a major by the time they have accumulated 105 credits
Prospective Transfer Students
- After admittance to the UW and on your registration date, meet with an Adviser to discuss the 3D4M degree requirements and declare the major
- If you are participating in an Advising & Orientation (A&O) session, you will have the option to meet with an Art Adviser on your orientation day
- Students without prior college-level 3-dimensional studio classes are required to complete ART 272 followed by two from ART 201, 202, 232, 233 or 273
- Students who transfer with more than 15 credits of college-level ceramics, glass or sculpture classes may wish to present a portfolio for advanced placement in the program - please consult with an Art Adviser during your initial A&O appointment
- Students transferring with 90 or more credits should be prepared to declare the major during the first quarter of attendance at UW
We invite you to attend a Preview session for advising and information about the programs, enrichments, and opportunities for majors in School of Art + Art History + Design.