The Painting + Drawing program offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree.
To graduate with undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, students must successfully complete at least 180 course credits: a combination of major requirements (listed below), general education requirements, and electives.
Admission to the major is based on completion of prerequisite courses and GPA.
Painting + Drawing Major Requirements (75 Credits)
Please note: this curriculum is subject to approval and will become effective for students entering the major in Autumn 2017. Current students should refer to their Degree Audit (DARS) for current major requirements.
beginning Courses (15 Credits)
- ART 190 Introduction to Drawing
- ART 290 Beginning Drawing: The Figure
- ART 292 Beginning Painting
intermediate courses (15 Credits)
- ART 390 Intermediate Drawing
- ART 392 Intermediate Painting
- ART 393 Intermediate Painting Topics
ADVANCED Classes (20 Credits)
- ART 490 Advanced Drawing
- ART 492 Advanced Painting: The Figure
- ART 494 Senior Seminar in Painting & Drawing repeatable up to 10 credits
Studio Electives (10 credits)
- Explore ART courses
Art History classes (15 Credits)
- Explore ART HISTORY courses