The Painting + Drawing program offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree.
To graduate with undergraduate degree from the University of Washington, students must successfully complete at least 180 course credits: a combination of major requirements (listed below), general education requirements, and electives.
Admission to the major is based on completion of prerequisite courses and GPA.
Painting + Drawing Major Requirements (75 Credits)
beginning Courses (15 Credits)
- ART 190 Introduction to Drawing
- ART 290 Beginning Drawing: The Figure
- ART 292 Beginning Painting
intermediate courses (15 Credits)
- ART 390 Intermediate Drawing
- ART 392 Intermediate Painting
- ART 393 Intermediate Painting Topics
ADVANCED Classes (20 Credits)
- ART 490 Advanced Drawing
- ART 492 Advanced Painting: The Figure
- ART 494 Senior Seminar in Painting & Drawing repeatable up to 10 credits
Studio Electives (10 credits)
- Explore ART courses
Art History classes (15 Credits)
- Explore ART HISTORY courses