Welcome to the new website for the School of Art + Art History + Design. The creation of this site involved more than a dozen people and took over a year to complete. Developed in partnership with College of Arts & Sciences staff, the School’s website is now hosted on their Department Web Framework (DWF). Professor Annabelle Gould directed the visual design in consultation with College staff and a School committee. School staff will manage and update the website content while College staff will maintain the software that runs the site.
Our website is a work in progress. We will continue to update content as needed, and we are regularly adding news and events. Some of the DWF features allow us to expand content, including course listings by Division and in faculty profiles, graduate student profile pages, and additional ways to present research. We also have more robust galleries of student work on a SmugMug site (links to those may be found throughout the website). Our new website is mobile friendly and has greatly improved accessibility.
Take some time to explore the new site and enjoy.
The people involved:
- Heather Wozniak — Assistant Director for Department Web Services
- Lauren Caple — Web Developer
- Jill Becker — Marketing & Communications Specialist for Arts & Humanities
School Web / Media Communications Committee
- Annabelle Gould, co-chair — Associate Professor + Chair, Division of Design
- Jeanette Mills, co-chair — Website Content Manager
- Rebecca Cummins (through summer 2015) — Professor + Chair, Photomedia
- Leena Joshi — Marketing + PR Specialist
- Scott Lawrimore — Director, Jacob Lawrence Gallery
- Mark Rector — Director, IT Services
- Krista Schoening — MA student, Art History
- Michael Swaine (starting autumn 2015) — Assistant Professor, 3D4M
- Laura Todd — Academic Adviser
- Rishi Agarwal (site prototyping, interaction design, and style guide) — BDes 2016, Interaction Design
- Eva Grate (customization of SmugMug site and newsletter template) — BDes student, Visual Communication Design