Following the model of the UW College Board, the School Advisory Board has launched an opportunity for board members to take a professor to lunch in an effort to become better-informed advocates for the School.
The Advisory Board helps build relationships with key constituencies, increases awareness of the School, strengthens ties with the community, and provides valuable information from the broader community to faculty leaders. Each board member brings their unique experience and perspective to the School, along with their passion for art/design and education.
Take a Professor to Lunch will become a recurring initiative for new and seasoned board members alike, deepening their knowledge of School faculty and their respective research and practice.
These faculty and board members met during summer 2016:
- Rebecca Cummins, Photomedia, with Linda LeResche, and Michael Von Korff
- Tad Hirsch, Interaction Design, with Julie Speidel
- Stuart and Estelle Lingo, Art History, with Jack and Layne Kleinart
- Amie McNeel, 3D4M: ceramics + glass + sculpture, with Carole Fuller
- Michael Swaine, 3D4M: ceramics + glass + sculpture, with Herb and Lucy Pruzan