Are you a college transfer or highschool student thinking about a major in art, art history or design?
You're invited to attend Preview for a first-hand look at the School and its programs. These hour-long info sessions lead by professional academic advisers have been designed to introduce you to all of the academic and enrichment programs in the School of Art + Art History + Design.
UW Admissions has specific information sessions for prospective transfer students and freshmen. Please consider attending a freshman information session + campus tour or a Transfer Thursday session for in-depth coverage on admissions, financial aid, housing and more.
MEET WITH AN ART, ART HISTORY OR DESIGN ADVISER
- Drop-in advising is available Mon-Thurs, 9am-3pm in Room 104, Art Building.
- Appointments available on request - call (206) 543-0646 to schedule. During University holidays and breaks between quarters please call to check adviser availability for drop-ins.
NETWORK, CONNECT, AND EXPLORE OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
- Check out the School's calendar for events, exhibits and lectures. Visit the Jacob Lawrence Gallery. Attend Student Voice Project events to connect with other students, faculty, and alumni.
- Follow the Jobs, Internships, Opportunities blog: this curated collection of local and national opportunites is a great way to discover exciting positions in art- or design-related fields.
- Join a powerful community of visual thinkers - get your SAM sticker! Declared majors in art, art history and design are eligible for free admission to the SAM. See an Adviser in ART 104 for details.
DEGREEs AND GRADUATION quick links
Undergraduate degree requirements
- 3D4M: ceramics + glass + sculpture
- Interdisciplinary Visual Arts
- Painting + Drawing
- Art History
- Industrial Design
- Interaction Design
- Visual Communication Design
Applying to graduate
You will need to apply to graduate by the applicable quarterly deadline in order to have your degree granted officially by the UW. The final deadline for autumn, winter, and spring quarters is the third Friday of that quarter. Please meet with an Adviser to file your graduation application.