Welcome to Autumn Quarter 2020
As we prepare for a new academic year and more remote learning, the School continues to focus on the excellence we have developed in online classes, and ensure that students have access to the knowledge and support of Academic Advisers.
Following the University of Washington's Safe Start plan, the School's Advising team is working remotely from home offices. Advising continues to help students discover rigorous and creative academic experiences, competitive scholarships, health and wellness resources, career opportunities, and more.
Advising for Current UW Students
- plan your major
- identify and register for classes that fit both your desire to learn and your schedule
- locate faculty who can guide your learning
- connect you to other helpful resources and services on campus
- explore what you see in your professional future and give you insight into majors and classes you could take to reach that future
- find scholarships, awards, and funding sources
We also help majors in group advising. By participating in these upcoming Advising Zoom events, you can:
- get involved with the Student Voice Project and discover that there really are great jobs in the arts
- receive professional advice about how to write cover letters and resumes
- be inspired by what our alums are doing professionally and how they used their degree in art, art history or design to get there
- discover that a major in art, art history or design prepares you for a surprising variety of jobs and professions
Advising for Future Students
If you are a college transfer or high school student, consider participating in Preview to get an introduction to the School of Art + Art History + Design and its programs.
During Preview, prospective students can:
- learn about the details about majors and concentrations
- discover the Student Voice Project and classroom to career programing
- explore different scholarship and award opportunities
- check out previous study abroad options and learn about plans for study abroad in the future
- connect with academic advisers who can answer your questions
To register for a Preview Zoom session, visit https://art.washington.edu/advising/preview.
Prospective graduate Students
Applying for graduate school can seem like a daunting task. Where do you begin? What can you expect? How does the process work? Start by investigating our graduate programs in Art, Art History or Design. You'll also want to learn about the role of the Graduate School in the application process so that you can successfully navigate graduate admissions at the UW.