Advising for Current UW Students
Academic Advisers in the School of Art + Art History + Design work with current and prospective undergraduates to:
- plan for and declare a major in art, art history or design; add minors
- identify and register for classes that fit both your interests and your schedule
- connect you to resources on campus including health and wellness services, career opportunities, and more
- locate faculty who can guide your learning
- find scholarships, awards, and funding sources
- help you define your professional future, and apply to graduate
MEET WITH AN ADVISER
Current UW students can schedule an appointment to meet with an Adviser. Appointments can be scheduled at least one day in advance and can be made up to two weeks out, with new appointment slots becoming available on a daily, rolling basis.
If you aren't able to find an appointment time using online scheduling, we may have last minute openings due to cancellations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (206) 543-0646, or stop by the Advising Office, Room 104, for drop-in advising, Mon-Thurs, 9am-3pm (closed for lunch 12-12:30).
- If you know you will be late for your appointment, please notify the adviser by email. After your arrival, we are happy to meet with you for the remaining time scheduled.
- In-person meetings take place in Room 104, Art Building
- Please familiarize yourself with UW’s Covid resources for students to make your time at the UW safe and successful. The UW recommends all individuals wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status
- If you know you will be late for your appointment, please notify the adviser by email. After your arrival, we are happy to meet with you for the remaining time scheduled
Please contact email@example.com to ask your questions via email. We’ll work to respond to email inquiries within two business days. For the best and most timely response:
- Use your UW email and include your student number
- Please do not email multiple advisers with the same question. Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org will result in the quickest response times
- If asking for registration help, include the SLNs (Schedule Line Numbers) of all lectures & quiz sections
Advising for Future Students
If you are a college transfer or high school student, consider participating in Preview to get an introduction to the School of Art + Art History + Design and its programs.
During Preview, prospective students can:
- learn about the details about majors and concentrations
- discover the Student Voice Project and classroom to career programing
- explore different scholarship and award opportunities
- check out previous study abroad options and learn about plans for study abroad in the future
- connect with academic advisers who can answer your questions
To register for a Preview Zoom session, visit https://art.washington.edu/advising/preview.
Prospective graduate Students
Applying for graduate school can seem like a daunting task. Where do you begin? What can you expect? How does the process work? Start by investigating our graduate programs in Art, Art History or Design. You'll also want to learn about the role of the Graduate School in the application process so that you can successfully navigate graduate admissions at the UW.