Photo/Media provides a small computer lab for majors and graduate students in the program. There is a wide assortment of equipment available including Apple Mac Pro computers and Epson printers.
The computers are equipped with the same suite of software tools found in all School computing labs.
Photo/Media also has gallery spaces.
Students are responsible for repair or replacement costs related to damage, theft, or loss of all equipment checked out from School labs. This includes digital cameras and digital video cameras. Please be careful with these devices so that they continue to be available for use.
All personal work must be saved on a UW UDrive, Google Drive, other cloud-based storage, USB mini-drive, external hard drive, etc. If you need assistance with systems or software in the lab please see one of the lab monitors.
Computer Lab Policies
- This lab is only for Photo/Media majors and graduate students.
- This equipment is intended to enable users’ access to software and hardware technologies in pursuit of their research and academic work. Gaming and other non-academic uses of the equipment should be avoided.
- Use of computing resources is a privilege that depends on individuals using the resources appropriately and in accordance with University policies as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- If demand for equipment is heavy, School staff may set time limits or otherwise regulate computer / printer use.
- Lab users should demonstrate respect for each other. Keep in mind that some on-screen images, sounds, and/or messages may create an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment for others.
- Laptops and other personal computing devices may be used in labs via the wireless network. Never unplug cables from lab computers for use with personal devices.