This lab is closed during autumn quarter per University guidelines. This will be updated as conditions change.
The Computer Teaching Lab is a working environment for all School students looking to learn about and use the latest Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and 3D modeling software. This dual-boot computer lab of 19 Apple 27in iMacs is up to date in both Mac OSX and Windows OS. It also offers several applications for working with and creating 3D projects: Rhino 3D, Rhino Cam Mill, Solidworks, Blender, and Keyshot Pro.
All personal work must be saved on a UW UDrive, Google Drive, other cloud-based storage, USB mini-drive, external hard drive, etc.
Computer Lab Policies
- School students have priority access to the equipment.
- This equipment is intended to enable users’ access to software and hardware technologies in pursuit of their research and academic work. Gaming and other non-academic uses of the equipment should be avoided.
- Use of computing resources is a privilege that depends on individuals using the resources appropriately and in accordance with University policies as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- If demand for equipment is heavy, School staff may set time limits or otherwise regulate computer / printer use.
- Lab users should demonstrate respect for each other. Keep in mind that some on-screen images, sounds, and/or messages may create an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment for others.
- Laptops and other personal computing devices may be used in labs via the wireless network. Never unplug cables from lab computers for use with personal devices.