The School's Sand Point facility houses studios for Painting + Drawing graduate students plus some faculty. Below are resources available to those with studios. There is also a gallery space.
The following equipment is available:
- Table saw
- Band saw
- Miter Saw
- Drill press
- Belt and disc sanders
- Miscellaneous hand tools including pneumatic nail guns
This lab can be used to work on digital projects with the same suite of software tools found in all School computing labs.
Available equipment includes two Apple 27in iMacs, a MacBook Pro (available for check out as well), a black and white laser printer, an Epson inkjet, and flatbed and slide scanners.
Students are responsible for repair or replacement costs related to damage, theft, or loss of all equipment checked out. This includes digital cameras and digital video cameras. Please be careful with these devices so that they continue to be available for use.
All personal work must be saved on a UW UDrive, Google Drive, other cloud-based storage, USB mini-drive, external hard drive, etc.
Computer Lab Policies
- This lab is only for Painting + Drawing graduate students and faculty.
- This equipment is intended to enable users’ access to software and hardware technologies in pursuit of their research and academic work. Gaming and other non-academic uses of the equipment should be avoided.
- Use of computing resources is a privilege that depends on individuals using the resources appropriately and in accordance with University policies as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- If demand for equipment is heavy, School staff may set time limits or otherwise regulate computer / printer use.
- Lab users should demonstrate respect for each other. Keep in mind that some on-screen images, sounds, and/or messages may create an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment for others.
- Laptops and other personal computing devices may be used in labs via the wireless network. Never unplug cables from lab computers for use with personal devices.