Art History 201: Survey of Western Art-Ancient
This course surveys major achievements in architecture, sculpture, painting, and other arts in Europe, the Near East, and North Africa from prehistoric times to the reign of Constantine. There are no prerequisites.
- Be able to identify and discuss major works of ancient art
- Be able to identify and discuss major concepts and vocabulary related to ancient art
- Be able to situate ancient art within its geographic and cultural context
- Be able to analyze how ancient visual representations both reflect and impact wider cultural trends
- Explore the ways in which ancient art influences, and is influenced by, modern cultures