Process, Experimentation and Research
for pre-Photomedia Majors
T TH 11:30 -2:20
Ellen Garvens firstname.lastname@example.org
office: Art 133
office hours: 10:30 -11:15 (email in advance if possible)
- increase your understanding of light and photography.
- introduction to historical and contemporary materials and processes in photography.
- increase your knowledge of photographic equipment: cameras, scanners and printers.
- learn from experimentation in the field of photography.
- to push yourself with the assignments given – embracing failure, different approaches and process.
- to clearly articulate ideas, questions and observations about your own and other students’ work.
- to develop ways to think creatively, critically, analytically.
- increased understanding of your own potential as an artist.
On line resources for fine art photography:
Some good photography themed magazines:
Phlearn free photoshop videos
see updated syllabus under Files